Unika helps older people claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty, so that they can lead dignified, secure, active and healthy lives.
We provide care and counselling to poor, needy and homeless older persons – where no other service exists.
Our aims are :
- To provide health care services to poor, needy and homeless older persons, including the provision of preventative and educational programmes relating to HIV/AIDS and support to their families.
- To provide basic adult education, training and development of older persons including outreach programmes to marginalized and rural communities.
- To provide training for older persons on economic empowerment and continued employment.
- To advocate and lobby for the rights of older persons, including the provision of legal, paralegal and investigative services to ensure that their human and democratic rights are recognized and respected.
- To conduct relevant social research to form the basis for intervention and development programmes.
Current Project in Malawi
– BUILD A BOREHOLE FOR NATHENJE VILLAGE – WATER IS LIFE
– MALAWI FLOOD RELIEF APPEAL
Current Project in the UK
– ALTEREGO (FIGHT AGAINST DOMESTIC ABUSE)
– PAMTENGO RADIO DJING TRAINING PROJECT www.pamtengo.com funded by Big Lottery Fund (2015)